01 December 2014

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk: 'Така як ти - Taka iak ti' - English translation

Looking for an English translation of the song ''Така як ти - Taka iak ti' by Svyatoslav Vakarchuk? Here it is! :)


Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, someone like you, English translation, photo collage
© AleXa - Okean of Emotions - 2014

Someone like You 
Така, як ти

Do you even know
How much, when it's implacable, rain trembles deep into your soul?
Yes, forever, it seems that it waits for me... Only for me...
And do you know how that calm winter at our window hurts me,
This soft pastel that looks like your favorite Monet?...

Chorus
Someone like you
Can only be found once in a lifetime...
And then, it's like being in Heaven!
Someone like you
Can only be found only once in a lifetime...
I feel remorseful
When we're not together!…

It seems that I shall never succeed to forget...
Each new signal from you resets the counter of my will to zero
And in a single glance, you speak louder than with a million words;
Eternally distant, they look like your favorite Dali...

Chorus

Songwriter: Svyatoslav Vakarchuk
Translation: AleXa / Okean of Emotions
 
Така, як ти (Taka iak ti) / Album ВНОЧІ - © 2008

Any comment on how to improve this translation is welcome!

For French translation, click here



According to my Ukrainian friends, this melody reflects the Ukrainian soul.
It was voted as their favorite  song by the members of the Official Fan-Club.
It is breathtaking!

Honestly, each time I am listening to it, I am crying... and to sing it is also a lot of emotions!
I  created this video in May, for Svyatoslav's birthday:



If the text is of a man for a woman, I've decided to make use of his words to declare to Ukraine how much I love her! :)