12 February 2015

Okean Elzy: 'Обійми - Obiymy' - English translation

Are you looking for an English translation of the song 'Обійми - Obiymy' by Okean Elzy? Here it is! :)


Okean Elzy, Hug me, English translation, photo collage
© OkeanofEmotions / AleXa - 2014


Hug me
Обійми

At the first light of the day,
This war will end.
There, lost,
I'll reach rock bottom...

Chorus
Hug me, hold me, embrace me
So tenderly and don't let me go!
Hug me, hold me, embrace me ;
Your spring will starts its flowering...

And now my soul
Has laid down its arms ;
Is it true that it still
Wants to feel the contact
Of warming tears?

Chorus (x2)

Songwriter: Svyatoslav Vakarchuk
Translation: AleXa / Okean of Emotions

   Обійми (Obiymy) / Album: Земля (Zemlia) - © 2013
 

Any comment on how to improve this translation is welcome!

For French translation, click here



'Обійми - Obiymy' - Okean Elzy - Official video
Feb. 2013


This video was directed by Howard Greenhalgh, who already created videos for many artists such as Soundgarden, Muse, Pet Shop Boys, Enigma, Sting, Elton John, Placebo, A-Ha, etc.

About this project, Howard Greenhalgh explained: "It was a real shock to me when I've been asked to create a video for an Ukrainian rock-band! I said, "Are you kidding? With Ukrainians?" And then, after I have listened to one of their songs, I changed my mind. This is my first experience with Ukrainian musicians and have to say that I like their works." :)

Filming took place in London, in an historic mansion of the 18th century: it began at 9 am and was completed at 11 pm as expected. Each sequence of the film has been captured at least 5 times!