10 August 2015

Okean Elzy: Follow your own star!

Exactly 4 years ago, I've discovered (quite by accident) the world of an artist who lives at the other end of Europe: Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, the composer & frontman of the Ukrainian rock band Okean Elzy. 

 

In truth, I never thought that this "accident" would change so many things in my soul... Life's a mystery!


© AleXa - Okean of Emotions - 2014

I've already said here how I fell in love with his music at first listen :) and how learning the Ukrainian language changed something in me... But what I didn't explain is that I've decided to learn Ukrainian after a long conversation I had with a neurologist who gave me this sound advice: "Follow your own star,  chase after your childhood dreams! Be involved in a noble cause, give a little and... you'll get a lot! These are great medicines."

Honestly, at first, I didn't know what to do with this. :) - "Be involved in a noble cause... Which one?... Follow your own star... Where and how to find it?!" I was a little confused... but there was one thing that I was sure of: learning the Ukrainian language was an old dream and this dream could come true!


"Who learns a foreign language gets a new soul." 
 Juan Ramón Jimenez 

One of my avatars on social networks...
My friends say that it looks like me! :)
Today, I understand that this was a very, very good decision. Because of this, I've joined the Invisible family (Okean Elzy Official Fan-Club), I created this blog and... I have new friends worldwide! (another childhood dream...)

Furthermore, because I have the chance to give a hand to my favorite band for their official communication in France, I've found my noble cause which is - much more than only to promote Vakarchuk's works :)) - to speak in a positive manner about Ukraine and, this way, to bring a smile back to my Ukrainian friends. To do so, I decided to post on Twitter or Google+ in addition to some information about Vakarchuk & O.E., pictures & videos about Ukrainian culture and charitable actions to support Ukrainians.  
Music, poetry, friendship, and love must be shared worldwide!

Photogr. Unkn.

I've already received a lot of warmth from Ukrainians and that's nice: they all deserve that we change our point of view on their country! Anyway, I'm not under an illusion: I can't change the world... but if only one reader can forget his worries for a while, it makes me happy.
Thanks again for your trust in me, Svyatoslav: I couldn't do this without your silent but unfailing support. :) It's an awesome experience!


As you can see, I'm not chasing starlight any more: I've found it!




Well, you probably think that the star that I follow looks like this: :))

Photo: © donbass.ua

(Beautiful portrait, isn't it?) 

In fact, things are more simple and... more complex! :) What is guiding me today has always been in me - but I didn't know it. :) I only needed to find some points of reference to find my own way in a difficult time... and Svyatolsav's music is one of them (my readers are another one!) :)

Now, I am counting days & night these hundred lucky stars that, thanks to you all, are shining above me... and no matter the way to count! Here...




... or there ...



... if people have different cultures, they are the same when they share the same values! :)

Thanks to all of you for your support.